Translate this blog in your favourable language

My pager view

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Barack Obama wins election for second term as president

President Obama hugs daughters at victory rally in Chicago

President Barack Obama handily defeated Gov. Mitt Romney and won himself a second term on Tuesday after a bitter and historically expensive race that was primarily fought in just a handful of battleground states. Obama beat Romney after nabbing almost every one of the 12 crucial battleground states.
The Romney campaign's last-ditch attempt to put blue-leaning Midwestern swing states in play failed as Obama's Midwestern firewall sent the president back to the White House for four more years. Obama picked up the swing states of New Hampshire, Michigan, New Mexico, Iowa, Virginia, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Ohio. Of the swing states, Romney picked up only North Carolina. Florida is still too close to call, but even if Romney wins the state, Obama still beat him in the Electoral College vote. The popular vote will most likely be narrower than the president's decisive Electoral College victory.
In a sweeping victory speech early Wednesday morning, Obama thanked every American who voted, and vowed to work with leaders from both parties to tackle the country's challenges.
"Our economy is recovering, a decade of war is ending, a long campaign is now over," he told a crowd of cheering supporters in Chicago. "And whether I earned your vote or not, I have listened to you, I have learned from you and you have made me a better president." Obama added he has "never been more hopeful about America. ... We're not as divided as our politics suggest. We remain more than a collection of blue states and red states."
In his speech, he offered clues to the policy goals of his second term, which included a deficit reduction plan that combines tax increases with spending cuts, a comprehensive overhaul of the nation's federal immigration laws and tax reform. He called on Republicans to join him in achieving those goals.
The battle for the White House between Obama and Romney divided the nation, causing, at times, bitter disputes between the parties. Obama urged his supporters to look beyond the fight of the past several months and defended the process of choosing a president.
"I know that political campaigns can sometimes seem small, even  silly," Obama said. "And that provides plenty of fodder for the cynics who tell us  that politics is nothing more than a contest of evils or the domain of  special interests. If you ever get the chance to talk to folks who  turned out to our rallies and along the rope lines of high school gyms,  or saw folks working late at campaign office or some tiny county a long way from home, you'll discover something else."
Romney conceded in Boston in a speech around 1 a.m. ET. "Like so many of you, Paul [Ryan] and I have left everything on the field. We have given our all to this campaign," Romney said. "I so wish that I had been able to fulfill your hopes to lead your country in another direction. But the nation chose another leader." Romney congratulated the president and his campaign on their victory.
The Obama victory marks an end to a years-long campaign that saw historic advertisement spending levels, countless rallies and speeches, and three much-watched debates.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this article is pleasant, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things, so I am going to tell her.3

Anonymous said...

Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know
a few of the images aren't loading properly.
I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same
results.

Also visit my webpage cliquez sur le document jusqu'à venir (http://www.voyance-gratuit-en-ligne.com/)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I log on too your blogs regularly. Your story-telling style is witty,
keep doing what you're doing!

my site how much do mont blanc pens cost

Anonymous said...

What's up, of course this paragraph is truly good and I have learned lot of things from it
concerning blogging. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, as I am truly eager of reading this blog's post
to be updated daily. It includes pleasant data.

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this write-up plus the rest of the site is really good.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you so much, However I am having troubles with your RSS.
I don't know the reason why I am unable to join it. Is there anybody
else getting similar RSS issues? Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond?

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I used to be able to find good information from your blog
posts.

Anonymous said...

I love reading a post that can make people think.
Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!